Monday, November 08, 2004

new york new york

i got here late last night and the cheapskate that i am, i thought to take the subway all the way to my new place on the lower east side. so i had to push, pull, kick, yank, etc etc two huge luggages through the airport (which was the easy part), to the subway, up and down flights of stairs and through turnstiles that were very luggage-unfriendly. at one point i was pushing my suitcase through those one-way human turnstiles (those vertical rather than horizontal ones, picture with me now) when i realized, shit i'm stuck in it too can't get back out. and my other suitcase was still outside. ah f*** i cursed out loud. and some good samaritan looked over and said, go through, i'll push it over. oh thank goodness. :)

and i just got internet to work on my comp. it's dial up btw. haha. my landlady is loopy as peiru described, but very reasonable and friendly. so for the next two months i think i can live with this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so jealous you're in NY! i really miss that place sometimes! call me when you have a spare moment!!!!
~Ellen

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home