Wednesday, May 10, 2006

cab adventures

cab drivers must have some kind of special cabby package for cell phone minutes because they are ALWAYS on the phone. whether in new york or chicago, EVERYTIME i get into a cab, they have their hands-free set glued into an ear and they're yakking away in some foreign language, usually arabic or some indian or african dialect.

because i'm such a cab junkie, i have had many cab adventures. not just that one guy who gave me a free ride and sent me emails professing his attraction to me (and no, i am not being thick-skinned here. he honestly did send me a long email telling me how special he thinks i am based on our 10 min conversation. yes i know- freaking strange) but also the guy from pakistan who had a master's in english and won the diversity visa lottery so after 6 years of cab-driving in new york he was finally going to bring his daughter and wife over.

today in chicago we drove past a mega long line outside the house of blues and i asked what was going on. the driver said it must be some huge star at the house of blues but he would never pay to see someone- unless the person was jesus. he went on to then tell me his life story about how he raised his kids and where they went to school. he had the funniest cackle for a laugh and I couldn't tell if he was slightly deranged or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home