Thursday, May 22, 2008

i need a dishwasher and other stories

i need a dishwasher because i spend too much time at the sink washing the dishes. and when i have finished one load of washing, just a few hours later, another load somehow piles up and sits happy in the sink waiting to be washed. i thank viola (my other roommate) for buying these hot pink rubber gloves that i snap on each time i have to get through the dishes. the upside: fede says i look hot in them *wink wink* - but then again he would rather lie and have me do the dishes than do them himself.

speaking of washed - fede asked me the other day, "have you washed the plants?". "you mean watered?". ROFLMAO.

speaking of water - i am not altruistic about this whole save water, save the earth thing. when i ask people to not leave the water running unnecessarily, it is quite selfish in fact. you see i have this little anxiety problem and need to know water is somewhere close at hand. i try to always carry a bottle of water with me and when i don't have quick access to water, i get a little edgy and feel unbearably thirsty even though I might have just had a drink 10 mins before. like when I get into my seat on a flight or watching a movie, i get a little panic attack if I know I'm stuck in my seat for more than an hour without water. so i am one of those annoying ones who will ask for water before the attendants come around with their drink carts.

because i have this need for water constantly, i don't want the world to ever run out of it (fresh water is only 3% of total water). people (like my bf) think oh, I'm not paying for this water so I will waste it or oh, we don't have water shortage problems here so I won't worry about it. but at the end of the day we are all part of the same big ecosystem and whatever happens in the water cycle in one place will have its effects in another. so please, for the sake of your friend here, turn off the tap while washing your dishes or maybe skip the shower once in a while- it really isn't so bad.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Yi said...

Yucks! Skip the shower? I used to bathe only once a day - in the evenings after I come back from work because I used to sleep in a fully air-conditioned room. But since I moved out and am now staying in a non-airconditined room, I bathe twice a day - once in the morning and once at night.

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home