Monday, August 09, 2004

of vegan brunches and vintage dresses

we brunched out at teany http://www.teany.com/, moby's cool hole in the wall vegan tea shop. how lovely. i want that for myself too esp since i'm all into this alternative food and really want to work for a supermarket or something. and sarah, we missed you here. :)
then there was chikalicious. chic and delicious. my girl friend always has great taste. http://www.chikalicious.com/
balthazar another one. alamak. how does one resist a lemon souffle tart at a cafe that transports you from new york to paris faster than the concorde? check it out http://www.balthazarny.com/splash.html
of course i had to buy some really cute stuff. i mean, who doesn't shop in ny right?

i'm like, i don't believe i spent 80 bucks on this top!
peiru: but it's vintage!
me: that just means worn-before!
peiru: it's one of a kind--you'll never find it anywhere else!

so please people, next time you see me, ask me about this vintage top so i can show it off to you, and please please tell me how pretty and unique it is. otherwise i will just drag you to my closet, pull it out and declare to you that it is probably the most expensive piece of clothing i have ever bought for myself.

2 Comments:

Blogger takeflighttonight said...

?!? u make me sound like the shopping nazi.
u already wanted to buy it... trailing it around the store, saying how much u liked it. i just said what u needed to hear to give u that extra push. i think the conversation went a little bit more like this:

rtt: wow i really like this top man
rtr: yeah it's really nice
rtt: yeah i really like the pleated part. it's so unique.
(ok i don't really remember what u said exactly, but it's somewhere along those lines)
rtr: try it on lah.
rtt: but it's 80 bucks!
rtr: but it's vintage!
(cue ur own version)

still think it's a great souvenier. and u've worn it already, unlike some other people :P

7:40 PM  
Blogger jia en said...

ahaha. yes it is true. sorry for persecuting you rtr! but you will forever be my shopping devil...you know, on my left shoulder saying, "buy! buy!" haha. ;p

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home