Tuesday, December 07, 2004

yikes!

two days of work and i'm pooped. not that i've even done anything substantial yet. just been shadowing different people and learning the ropes. think my actual training starts in a week or so when the new batch of people come in because right now i'm the only newbie. i think it's the having to get up at 6am that's getting to me. i mean, after months of not needing the alarm clock, it would be hard for anyone.

it actually doesn't take me that long to get to work, but since i haven't got my gym membership yet, i have decided to make myself walk from my place to union sq (a good 14 blocks north and 5 blocks west= 20-30mins?) and catch the 4/5/6 train from there. so that adds up to about 45 mins and i try to get up early so i can take my time getting ready, have a little morning munch and make my bed (i like to return to a nice bed yeah). oh yeah, not to mention the coupla minutes i spend checking my email and the weather. ;p

man, i just realized that was like a diary of my last two days. sorry to be boring. ;p

bloomberg is very cool. the environment is very energetic and right now i'm in client services and our ceo sits right next to us. he doesn't have an office. just like a little area in the corner where we can see/hear everything he does, including the "what the fuck are you talking about??" s. today he got into the same lift as me and it was funny coz the f word came out of his mouth as he chatted to some senior guys. hear it quite a bit from his side of the floor.

and of course i have been stuffing myself silly with the snacks from the kitchen. i think i visited it a total of 5 or 6 times today. and with h&m, banana republic, the gap, zara, diesel, bloomingdales etc etc just across the st or around the corner, i think i will be a very fat and broke mama.

but gimme a pat on the back--i just created a spreadsheet to record my expenses. got scared into it after dan calculated i only make $41 in profit after taxes, paying rent, transport and other bills. man, this sucks. today i already spent almost 30 on food and groceries. oh well, just gotta be creative with how i can turn office snack food into a palatable lunch.

1 Comments:

Blogger jia en said...

$41 in profit per day that is. haha. but still the prospect is pretty harrowing. boo.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home