Thursday, March 16, 2006

so the blind date guy emailed me tonight and we might meet up for coffee this weekend so i can screen him for my girlfriends. if he is too eligible i might keep him for myself haha.

i've been having funny experiences with cabbies these days. i think it must be my little love affair with flagging down the yellow taxis rather than squeeze in an overcrowded subway car. one time i was talking to a cab driver from jordan who is also a free-lance diamond grader. as i got off and was going to pay, he said he enjoyed talking to me so much the ride was on him. he of course then gave me his email and said "i like talking to asians- i feel a connection with them you know?" talk about YELLOW FEVER! whoop! haha.

then another day i was on my way to the u-haul center and the cabbie started telling me about how the boxes from u-haul were very good, sturdy and value for money. i asked how he knew and he said that's where he gets his boxes when he goes back to pakistan. so we start talking about what he's doing here. apparently he won the diversity visa lottery and at the airport they presented him a green card upon his arrival in the US. this guy has a masters degree in english and he is now a cab driver in ny! this year he is going back to pakistan to bring his family over after 6 years of being apart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home