Thursday, May 25, 2006

FOILED

unfortunately as i was getting my wares ready to sell, my mum calls me and asks what i'm up to.
i'm packing.
for what?
oh just selling old stuff.
where?
i dunno, maybe set up a table somewhere or something.
what?!! like an immigrant by the roadside?!!
no lah... just sell near the flea market... nothing wrong
are you in financial trouble?
NO
then why do you need to resort to selling your things on the street like a beggar?
i just need to get rid of my old stuff! you guys are overreacting.
come on, you have a good job and we are all living comfortably... if you need money, let us know... no need to go sell your stuff by the road. if you get caught, we can't come and help you... why jeopardize everything you have because of a few hundred dollars?? will you promise us to not sell? your father is very worried now. he thinks you are in trouble.
ok ok fine i won't sell my stuff on the street i promise.

so taking the conversation as a bad omen, i decide i cannot set up my table because if i did, knowing my luck, i'd get into trouble and my parents will think "see told her already...always never listen". i was so bitter that day but thankfully it rained hard later on so it made me feel a bit better that i took heed of their warning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home