Monday, September 25, 2006

back in michigan i remember daniel amy and kairui were vitamin water crazy. they would buy em by the truckload and i never understood why because it was just badly flavoured water with cool candy colourings and wiseass-philosophy packaging. at that time i snubbed it and swore i'd never be a victim of such a well-marketed bad product.
then recently the company kitchen started stocking the beverage coolers with bottles of vitamin water and of course i threw all my principles out the window and took 2-3 bottles by the armful each time i saw them. i kept an ongoing inventory on my desk at work and the bottles provided a rainbow coloured distraction to the sanitary white workspace. i applauded myself when i managed to shamelessly rake the count up to FIVE bottles on my desk and was quite the proud hoarder of office freebies. my moment was not to last however. the very next day i came to work only to find that my FIVE bottles had been wiped down to just ONE- the only one i had opened to take a sip out of!!! WTF.
i swear the culprits must be the eastern european cleaning ladies who were the only people around my floor when I left that evening. those ladies must've snitched my precious vitamin water while they chowed down on the pizza they usually get from patsy's at around that time.
or perhaps it was the hand of god- finally punishing me for my unprincipled and prideful looting and hoarding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home