Thursday, June 29, 2006

score!

this trip in chicago was particularly productive. the usual morning routine- get into the cab "111 south wacker please" (the office in chicago). the cabby as usual(because cabbies love me for some reason) is checking me out through his rear view mirror. he asks where are you from miss? singapore i reply and then i explain how i ended up in chicago. I ask what about yourself? how did you end up here?

turns out mr cabbie is a grad student at de paul, doing a masters in management and science, obviously driving illegally on the side. so we talk briefly because i have arrived at my destination and before i get off i tell him i would like to interview him and he laughs. i take his email and phone number and promise to call him because i would really like to find out how he does this since he's not the only moonlighting student cabbie. he says sure miss- we can talk, you want to know our political views? sure we can talk. this will be my first interview he laughs.

awesome. after some practice in english i think i can muster up enough guts to interview my chinese masseuse too

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home